The coronavirus is currently a concern for health experts around the world. The virus, which originated from China, has so far reached more than 100 countries.
The problem that is being discussed all over the country is the coronavirus. The virus has engulfed more than 100 countries. The virus, which affects more than 2 lakh people, is spreading rapidly.
Today every citizen of the world is waiting for this virus vaccine, but in the meantime, it is also necessary to know how to prevent it.
While the government is requesting people to stay in their homes, there are many rumors about the coronavirus.
Keeping these things in mind, we are trying to make you aware of ‘coronavirus’ through this post.
In this article, readers will get important information like what is a coronavirus, how it spreads, its symptoms and ways to avoid the coronavirus.
What is Coronavirus?
The coronavirus is a family or group of different types of viruses that cause disease in humans.
These include common cold to severe respiratory problems such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome – MERS-CoV and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome-SAR-CoV. This virus has never been seen before.
At the same time, if we talk about Novel 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19), then it came out from Wuhan city of China in late 2019.
The virus is officially named the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). It has been identified as the 7th member of the coronavirus, affecting humans.
The new virus is spreading person-to-person in 90 countries and regions, of which 80% of cases are in China alone. There, more than 3 thousand people have died due to this virus, while millions of people are in the grip of it.
Now we know where the coronavirus originated from.
One thing has struck the minds of the people that the coronavirus has come from China, but many people do not know where the coronavirus came from in China? So let us tell that the coronavirus is common in both humans and animals.
However, there is a large group of animals known as sources of coronavirus. For example, Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SAR-CoV) can occur from civet cats ie cats and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) camels from humans.
Well, affects hardly be a coronavirus to humans from animals, but the animals have been asked to affect the coronavirus in humans has emerged infected by a new virus, such as novel coronavirus -2019
The Coronavirus infection started in December in Wuhan, China.
The coronavirus is part of a large family of viruses, but only 6 of these viruses that can infect human being.
This new virus has been exposed for the first time which is infecting many humans.
The world health organization (WHO) has named this new coronavirus 2019-nCoV.
According to data released by Worldometer, as of the morning of March 18, the number of people caught by the coronavirus has increased to 198,716, while the death toll from this virus has reached 7,989.
There are still 6,415 people in critical condition, 101,533 people in mild condition. While more than 82,779 people have been cured.
Their cases also found in India. They have increased somewhat this week. According to the latest information, 283 patients of coronavirus have been found in India at present.
All the rumors related to this virus are trending on the internet, which will be reaching you as well.
Ignore these rumors. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), no vaccine, medicine, naturopathy has yet been discovered to prevent this virus or to avoid the effects of this coronavirus.
How it Spreads and Is It Contagious?
There is no doubt that the coronavirus is an infectious disease. If it talks about how it spreads, then it can easily spread by following ways discussed below:-
1. From One Person to Another
A healthy person can also be infected with this virus by coming in contact with an infected person.
When an infected person coughs or sneezes, small droplets come out of his mouth and nose, which can also infect the person sitting near the infected person through the mouth, nose or breath.
2. Coronavirus Spread By Contact
Coronavirus can also be spread by contact with contaminated surfaces or objects.
Even if a person has touched an object or a surface contaminated with the coronavirus, this virus can make the person a victim.
To be understood in easy terms, if the corona virus-infected person has touched something like – table, chair, stairs railing, door handle, etc., then there may be signs of coronavirus.
In such a situation, if a healthy person touches the same object and then hands to his mouth, nose, eyes or face, then this virus can easily enter the person.
Apart from this, it can remain alive for a long time on clothes, smartphones and even on watch. However, this is not the main way of spreading the virus, but it is definitely a risk factor.
Note :The virus is most commonly spread by those with its symptoms. However, with this new coronavirus, there are also reports that people who come in contact with them have been affected by it even without seeing any symptoms.
3. Coronavirus Spread by Eating?
Many people are avoiding eating outside, non-veg and Chinese. People believe that this type of food can also spread the virus, but so far no scientific research has confirmed that this type of food can spread it.
As we also mentioned above, it can happen from an infected person to a healthy person, so if a healthy person ate the food eaten by or with an infected person, then it can also become infected.
Note:This virus can spread rapidly not only from one person to another but also from one group to another.
The coronavirus outbreak originated at the Seafood Market in Wuhan, China, and it is always seen that all major cases are spread by animals.
However, with the new cases coming out, it seems that the corona is spreading from one person to another very fast.
It is spreading so much and so fast that everyone is trying to find a way to avoid it and in this sequence, half the people are walking on the streets wearing surgical masks.
According to the center for disease control and prevention CDC, wearing masks will not reduce the risk of infection.
Wearing a surgical mask will reduce the risk of this virus.
The best way of prevention is that if you are traveling in cities where the risk of coronavirus is high, then stay away from infected people.
It spreads from one person to another, so major care is being taken about it. The virus first appeared in China in December and then it is rapidly reaching other countries as well.
Which Type of People Have the Highest Risk of Getting Corona Disease?
Scientists are still exploring how to control this virus spreading among people.
Note:As of now, if someone has returned after traveling internationally or has traveled anywhere where people are infected with the coronavirus, see a doctor immediately. In addition, if anyone sees the above-mentioned symptoms, then seek medical advice without delay.
Death figures are more visible in the elderly. Apart from this, people who already have some kind of disease or those who have been ill for a long time are also at higher risk of getting corona disease or infection.
What are the Symptoms of Coronavirus?
If we are talking about the symptoms of this corona disease, it is similar to the common cold or pneumonia.
These symptoms may appear 2–14 days after exposure to the virus, which is mentioned below:-
c) Respiratory Distress
e) Shortness of Breath
f) Runny Nose
g) Sore Throat
Note:-If someone’s condition is very serious, they may also show symptoms like pneumonia.
How Coronavirus Diagnosed?
There is no specific test kit available specifically for the coronavirus yet. Therefore, it is currently being diagnosed in the following ways –
1. Symptomatic Test
This means that doctors are diagnosing it on the basis of symptoms seen in the patient, such as cold-cold and fever.
2. Depending on the Journey
If a coronavirus has come from an infected country or city, its body temperature is being tested and estimated.
3. Contact With an Infected Person
If a person has come in contact with a corona infected person, it is being investigated on that basis.
4. A Blood Test or Mucus Test
If a person shows signs of a cold, cold or fever, then his blood or mucus samples are being sent to the lab for examination. Then the treatment of the patient depends on the lab report.
How to Avoid Coronavirus?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the best way to overcome this virus is to follow some measures discussed below:-
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Especially after coughing, before eating, after using the washroom and after touching the animals. Wash your hands as often as you can.
- Use an alcoholic hand sanitizer. Especially, containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth after coming out or repeatedly.
- After coming from outside, immediately change clothes and wash hands and mouth thoroughly.
- Wash clothes by adding antiseptic liquid to the water.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from the infected person.
- Avoid going to public functions. Stay at home as much as possible.
- Whenever a sneeze or cough comes, cover your mouth and nose with tissue paper and immediately put that tissue in the dustbin.
- Keep your items clean, which people use most, and clean them with antiseptic liquid.
- Wash vegetables and meat-fish well before cooking, and wash your hands thoroughly after touching raw meat.
- Use different chopping boards and utensils for meat-fishes.
How to wash your hands thoroughly?
According to the CDC, regular hand washing can prevent the spread of various diseases. 5 easy tips to wash hands thoroughly are as mentioned below:
- First, wet the hands with water.
- After applying soap, rub your hands together and rub the fingers, palms, and back of hands.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Then wash hands thoroughly.
- After that rinse well with warm water.
- Wash the mouth with a face wash or soap.
- Then wipe the mouth and hands with a clean and soft towel.
- Important Information
- If someone has traveled to a Corona-infected country or state, stay home for 15 days after returning.
- Do not travel by public vehicles.
- If a person feels mild symptoms of corona in themselves, contact a doctor immediately.
Important:-✔ If someone has traveled to a Corona-infected country or state, stay home for 15 days after returning.
✔ Do not travel by public vehicles.
✔ If a person feels mild symptoms of corona in themselves, contact a doctor immediately.
Any Vaccine for Coronavirus?
So far, there is neither a vaccine nor a vaccine that can provide protection against this deadly coronavirus.
Some studies are going on and researchers are doing research on coronavirus, pharmaceutical companies are also making many vaccines to find a cure and prevent this major disease.
The WHO is also vigilant about the corona and they are doing everything possible to find a cure. Presently, the best way to avoid coronavirus is to take precautions.
According to the CDC and WHO (World Health Organization), if a person has come in contact with a corona-affected patient, they should follow the precautions mentioned below:
- Pay attention to your health.
- Pay attention to the symptoms seen in the body and changes in health.
- The person should live in a separate room away from other members of the house and, if possible, use a separate bathroom.
- Prevent anyone from outside coming home as much as possible.
- Keep pets away around the patient.
- Take care of cleanliness.
- Keep the floor and other household items disinfected.
- Wear disposable masks and gloves and throw them in the dustbin after use.
- Whoever stays with the patient, also use masks and gloves.
- Avoid sharing household items with the patient.
- Change the bedsheet regularly.
- Clean your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based liquid in a short period of time.
- Keep a distance of at least 1 meter (3 feet) from sneezing, coughing and fever patients.
- Avoid eating the raw and undercooked meat.
Coronavirus Helpline :-Coronavirus helpline 011-23978046 released by the Ministry of Health, Government of India. For any person showing symptoms of coronavirus or for information related to this virus please contact.
Coronavirus is currently a major concern for health experts around the world.
I sincerely hope that I have given you complete information regarding coronavirus.
This article will cover what Coronavirus is, how it spreads, what type of people are getting more affected, how to avoid and also discuss major precautions to be taken. I hope you have understood well.
If you have any doubts or need any help related to this article so please do email at email@example.com.